OnionRingOfDoom appeal

Go down

OnionRingOfDoom appeal Empty OnionRingOfDoom appeal

Post  OnionRingOfDoom on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:52 am

I was Banned by Steele* (I think); as I was, it seemed, global banned temporarily.

Upon trying a couple minutes later, I regained entry after what I only imagine to be some form of bug - I was accused of hacking and swapping IP and was banned.

I understand that there have been some issues today with hacking, and it was quite easy to point a finger at any little thing and assume that is the problem; security must be your primary concern. So I hold no hard feelings; as I would have done the same thing.

I would like to ask for my case to be re-considered. As I am looking for a high volume community to become involved within, and appear to have found that here despite the lack of control with scriptkiddies. With the prospects of hopefully become a trusted member of the moderation team of one of these kind of servers, I truly hope you deeply consider and review my report with intent on finding the smallest piece of evidence to suggest I have the potential to hack, cheat or manipulate your server in any way.

dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/65572-global-bans-for-legit-players/

dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/77122-false-positive-global-ban-3065-battle-eye-response/

There are a couple of links to show that what has happened is in fact a common and known issue with 'false' temporary global bans. That apparently happens quite frequently. It's just a shame of the timing of which it happened to me.

Thank you for the consideration and hopefully will be seeing you all very shortly!

-Jak

I apologize for the repost - I wanted to get a nice copy up Razz

OnionRingOfDoom

Back to top Go down

OnionRingOfDoom appeal Empty Re: OnionRingOfDoom appeal

Post  Lócó on Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:48 am

You clearly put effort into this, I myself have no knowledge of this case, however I will make sure it won't go unnoticed.

Lócó

Back to top Go down

Post  OnionRingOfDoom on Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:23 am

Thank you, kind sir.

OnionRingOfDoom

Back to top Go down

Post  Oscar on Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:29 am

I was the one to ban you, not Steez. I've been an Admin on servers for almost the same time the game has been released. You were right in being caught in the heat of things. I don't feel very inclined to un-ban somebody who was otherwise globally banned in the past.

I know how Steam works with keys; Your old authentic key (otherwise now banned) was reassigned after running Arma via Steam. This knocked your new (un-banned) key off of the registry. You logged in without realising it reset your key, thus showing you globally banned.

This doesn't make it any better for you, since I now know you've hacked in the past. I know exactly what the ban code is and I know exactly how this all works.

You'll remain banned until I hear a story that's worth hearing. I'm too cynical in this day in age to un-ban somebody with a hacking record. If the response is "Oh no, it's a false positive", give it a break. Don't come back.

I'm still waiting to see this proposition you have installed Neutral.

Edit: I heard the proposition, I wasn't impressed, you will remain banned.

Oscar
Admin

http://dsrptz.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down